It never hurts to be prepared for every situation, so here is some advice regarding how to take care of the initial consultation with your own injury attorney.
1. Research the attorney. For starters, in case you have not already accomplished so, do a bit online research about the attorney. Check out the attorney’s internet site. See if anyone has provide some evaluation of the attorney. This particular type of information will give you plenty of insight into the attorney and the qualifications of theirs before the consultation.
2. Call the attorney’s office and speak to an intake paralegal. Do not be surprised in case you don’t get a hold of the attorney on the first telephone call. Attorney calendars generally stay full and the lawyer may or may not even be in the office. But, ask to meet with the attorney personally for a brief consultation. Moreover , ask what info you need to bring to the meeting.
3. Get your ducks in a row. Before the meeting, gather documentation which may relate to the case of yours. These items will likely include your auto insurance policy, photographs, police reports, and any other related evidence you could have which is applicable to the case of yours.
4. Tell the attorney everything. At the consultation, see the attorney everything. Generally the best way will be to quickly tell the attorney the story of yours and then allow the legal professional to question you questions to assist the attorney better comprehend what they consider to be the key aspects of your claim.
5. Be imminent a truthful. At the session, be truthful and forthcoming fully about the facts of your case. You should not be concerned about this. If there’s an ugly part of your case which you believe may be unfavorable, failing to inform you attorney about it will serve you no benefit. Usually, if a lawyer finds out anything negative about the client of theirs or even their client’s case early in the representation, the attorney is able to effectively minimize the impact of that negative. But, in case you allow your attorney to be blindsided by the opposing party late in you situation, your attorney might not exactly have the means to effectively lower the impact of the negative. Moreover, if you’re found in a lie, it will just hurt the case of yours and in case the lie is big enough you might well drop your case entirely.
6. Ask your attorney questions. As soon as your have completed the foregoing items, ask the attorney of yours all the questions you wish to know about them and the case of yours.